Lectionary Liturgy for Summer 2014
For Traditional & Non-Traditional Worship
Creative. Soul-Nurturing. Steeped in Scripture.
12 Week SUMMER
Or 6 Week
NOW AVAILABLE TO ORDER
Welcome to Lectionary Liturgy, providing online worship resources for a season's worth of Sundays. All liturgy is steeped in the Lectionary's scripture texts and immersed their themes, images and wording. Lectionary Liturgy can fit into any style of worship and can provide a supplement to your sermon focus on any of the four texts. Elements are also included for the season and any special Sunday focus. (Scroll down for more details about what's included in each issue.)
12 Week Summer 2014 Season is Now Available!
Order the Summer Season now. This twelve week season begins June 15th (the Sunday after Pentecost) and continues until August 31st (Labor Day Sunday). Within 24 hours of ordering, a secure link, user name and password will be sent to you -- editions are available online 8 weeks prior to each Sunday (approximately) and will stay online and available through the summer. Access them when you need.
Included with the Summer Season, or for separate purchase:
Looking Ahead at the Lectionary. This planning guide provides a synopsis of scripture texts and worship themes for each Sunday, as well as helpful planning charts, and suggestions for preaching series. (Available April 21st.)
Summer Season (12 Sundays): $85
Summer Season automatically includes access to Looking Ahead at the Lectionary. No need to separately purchase Looking Ahead.
Looking Ahead at the Lectionary: $18
Summer 2014 Planning Guide for separate purchase. No need for Summer Season customers to "Add to Cart."
6 Week Partial Season: $55
Choose any six Sundays of the Summer Season. PDF documents will be emailed to you as they are available. Looking Ahead at the Lectionary is included in this purchase. (Under "Special Instructions" on the PayPal order form, let us know which 6 issues you would like to receive. Or email us at info@ScriptureEcho.com.)
Individual Sundays are available, eight weeks prior. A PDF document for that Sunday will be emailed to you.
Each Individual Sunday: $18
Order now, for any Summer Sunday:
Each Edition Includes:
Each Lectionary Liturgy edition includes options for each of the following Traditional Worship Elements. Often 2 to 3 choices are given. This is not one set service, you can pick and choose what fits your worship environment best!
- Prayer of Preparation (2 choices)
- Call to Worship (2 or 3 choices, often based on the psalm)
- Opening Prayer / Prayer of Invocation (2 choices)
- Call to Confession (This element and the following two are written as a sequence. Often based on the epistle text.)
- Prayer of Confession
- Assurance of Pardon
- Children's Message and Message Starters (3 choices)
- Blessing of the Offering (2 choices)
- Pastoral Prayer (often subtly interweaving words and themes from lectionary texts)
- Charge & Benediction (3 choices)
(Some ideas are given to "non-traditionalize" your traditional liturgy. A creative approach, if respectful to the tradition, can often be quite welcome.)
And each Lectionary Litrugy also includes resources for Non-Traditional Worship, such as:
- Scripture Prayer Litany
- Dramatic Presentation of Scripture
- Humorous Skit or Dramatic Monologue
- Contemplative Congregational Practice
- Interactive Worship Ideas
- Creative Prayers and Litanies
Each Lectionary Liturgy edition also includes:
- Moment of Quiet: Just for worship planners, including a blessing uniquely addressed to the challenges and joys of ministry, and a suggested way to pray.
- Scripture Texts & Themes: A synopsis of each scripture text and some possible worship themes that emerge from each text (or from more than one text)
- Making Connections: Suggestions for how to make connections with your congregation guided by lectionary texts and themes, in the realm of pastoral care, building community, involving children and youth in worship, devotions for staff and leadership meetings, and more.
- All written in a creative style by Tracey Marx, former Presbyterian pastor and spiritual director, and writer of many Scripture Echo resources.
- For weekly use in churches. Choose what elements fit your style.
- Lectionary Liturgy uses the 4 "primary texts" of the Revised Common Lectionary each week.
Reactions to Lectionary Liturgy:
I just love the way you wrap liturgy together in one delightful gift package! Your words are a tapestry interwoven with ideas and themes for the various elements of worship that create an all embracing experience, an event with God! Thank you for the uplifting breadth and spiritual depth to worshiping God!
Rev. Chris Blackford, Wrightsville Presbyterian Church
If, like me, youíve been looking for a worship resource that offers creative, practical, relevant and multi-sensory ideas for engaging the minds and hearts of your congregation, Lectionary Liturgy will likely become your number 1 choice. It has become my worship resource of choice for creating a worshipful, meaningful and interactive worship experience.
Rev. Monica Dawkins-Smith
Pastor, Salem United Church of Christ, Harrisburg
Your fresh words and suggestions have really been helpful. The wording is just creative enough to sound real without getting too artsy. And that is a real benefit. I have also appreciated that you offer worship suggestions to companion several of the liturgy texts. I often find that I am using a different text than a particular resource addresses and that is so frustrating. So, I like that you cover a lot of the bases.
Rebecca Fuchs, Pastor, Mountville Church of the Brethren
I really love how you have done Lectionary Liturgy. You developed the Genesis passage beautifully, used the Psalm effectively, and the Romans passage was a natural fit for reflection, prayer and pardon. I canít wait to see more!
Carol Pazdersky, Associate Pastor, Bel Air United Methodist Church
What a fantastic resource for leaders who work each week to create spaces for people to meet with God.
Dave Helmuth, Worship Coach
Ad Lib Music
As a solo pastor, without a worship planning team, I struggle to create a weekly, meaningful, focused, and aligned liturgy. Tracey listens carefully to the texts
for the week and then crafts a powerful liturgy. As a part of her artistry, she gives a number of helpful participatory suggestions which heightens the worship experience for the congregation.
Charles W. Gross, Pastor, West Grove Presbyterian Church
Questions? Additional needs? Let us know.